Robotics Software Architect
STRADOT is an international company that develops advanced robotics to reduce the footprint of urban transportation. We are looking for a Software Architect with experience in robotics applications to be based in the Salta area, Argentina.
The successful candidate will join a team responsible for defining and implementing secure, scalable architectures for autonomous mobile robots and related systems. This individual will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing highly reliable software that enables our robots to navigate safely and efficiently, performing assigned tasks based on urban mobility and logistics site scenarios. This role may also require coordinating and interacting with a team of software developers and traveling to STRADOT’s offices abroad.
- Lead software architecture related to robotic systems.
- Develop reliable, testable software and associated simulators.
- Develop prototypes to prove key design concepts and quantify technical constraints.
- Own all aspects of software development, including design, testing, and integration.
- Provide strong technical leadership with a focus on continuous delivery and improvement.
- Strong programming skills in C++ and Python.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, robotics, mathematics, or a related science field.
- Familiarity with standard development tools and skills: Git, Linux, Debugging, Testing.
- Fluent in English with good writing and speaking skills in French and/or Spanish.
- A creative and pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced knowledge of standard software engineering best practices.
- Proficient knowledge of multimodal sensor usage.
- Proficient knowledge of networking and the fundamentals of electrical and mechanical systems.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in software architecture and robotics.
- Experience or familiarity with CV, machine learning, and edge processing unit selection.
- Advanced knowledge of system administration and software security best practices.
- In-depth understanding of distributed systems, real-time applications, and the fundamentals of feedback control theory.
- Experience in risk analysis and fault-tolerant software design.
- Thorough knowledge of architecture lifecycles for data, control, and code reliability.
- Strong experience with communication protocols: CAN, Serial, Ethernet.
- Experience working with data filters, state estimators, and understanding vehicle dynamics.
- Proficiency in performance optimization, unit, and E2E testing.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, take initiative, and deliver results.
Apply for this job
If you believe you have what it takes, we encourage you to apply. Join us in taking urban mobility to the next level.