Robotics System Engineer
Toulouse area, France
STRADOT is an international company that specializes in developing advanced robotics to reduce the carbon footprint of urban transportation. Currently, we are seeking a highly skilled Robotics System Engineer to join our team in Toulouse, France.
Your Role: As a Robotics System Engineer, you’ll be at the heart of our operations. Your main task? Lead a team that develops autonomous mobile robots. This means working on designing, developing, and testing the software and hardware that lets our robots move around safely in environments like parking lots and perception of the world around it. You’ll also be connecting with other teams and our offices abroad.
- Oversee the development of software for system and robotics architecture.
- Develop highly reliable autonomous systems.
- Provide technical leadership and promote continuous improvement.
- Be an expert in localization and motion planning.
- At least 5 years in the robotics field or a PhD. Alternatively, equivalent hands-on experience in the domain.
- Expertise in robotics, especially in autonomous mobility and perception, localization algorithms, system performance tradeoffs, dynamic state estimation, and management of failure modes.
- Ability to lead a team and coordinate with international counterparts.
- Solid understanding of software engineering, data networks, and electromechanical systems.
- Fluent in English with good communication skills in French and/or Spanish.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in real-time, fault-tolerant software using C++, ROS, and Python.
- Strong grasp of vehicle kinematics and dynamics.
- Pro at debugging, optimizing performance, and unit/E2E testing.
- Creative problem-solving approach.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment.
Apply for this job
If you think you have what it takes, please apply and help us take urban mobility to the next level.