Robotics System Engineer
Toulouse area, France
STRADOT is an international company developing advanced robotics to reduce the footprint of urban transportation. We are looking for a Robotics System Architect specialized in robotics applications to be based in the area of Toulouse, France.
The successful candidate will join and eventually lead a team responsible for defining and implementing scalable architectures of autonomous mobile robots and related systems.
She or he will be responsible to design, develop, simulate, and test reliable software and hardware that allows our robots to navigate safely and efficiently and to commit assigned tasks based on different mobility scenarios such as parking lots and on the perception of the world around it. For this purpose, this person may be required to coordinate a team of engineers and developers as well as interacting with STRADOT’s offices abroad.
- Lead system and robotics architecture discussions.
- Develop highly reliable autonomous systems.
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous delivery and improvement.
- Be a technical referent in localization and motion planning.
- Deep knowledge to design state of the art localization algorithms, system performance tradeoffs, dynamic state estimation, and management of failure modes.
- Deep knowledge in kinematics, motion planning and control.
- 5+ years of relevant industry and/or PhD experience in robotics. Or demonstrate an equivalent number of hours directly working in this domain.
- Experience in coordinating a team and delivering on quality / on cost / on time.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering best practices.
- Proficient knowledge of data networks, and modeling of electromechanical systems.
- Be fluent in English and have good writing and speaking skills in French and/or Spanish.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience designing real-time, fault tolerant software in C++, ROS and Python
- Proficient knowledge of vehicle kinematics and dynamics.
- Experience in debugging, performance optimization, unit and E2E testing.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively in the dynamic environment of a startup with changing needs and requirements.
Apply for this job
If you think you have what it takes, please apply and help us take urban mobility to the next level.