Fabrication & Integration Leader
Toulouse area, France
STRADOT is an international company developing advanced robotics to reduce the footprint of urban transportation. We are looking for a Fabrication and Integration Leader to be based in the area of Toulouse (France). The successful candidate will be responsible for the manufacturing of mechanical components and the electrical wiring activities for several of the STRADOT products (transport robots, user cabins). In addition, this position will carry out final integrations and testing including electrical components and advanced prototypes. Wide proficiency is required in hand tools, power tools, and workshop cranes. She or he will also coordinate a small team of technicians and/or engineers and interact with STRADOT’s offices abroad.
- Fabricate, assemble and test mechanical and electrical components, subassemblies, and final systems.
- Run functional testing and prepare test reports for assembled structures and related electrical hardware.
- Interpret, challenge and suggest improvements to technical drawings.
- Prepare and execute detailed work instructions.
- Achieve on time delivery of all work.
- Perform and/or guide MIG and/or TIG welding.
- Operate forklifts, cranes and heavy lifting equipment.
- Setup and run basic machining operations using lathes, milling machines, sensitive saws, miter saws, grinder, etc.
- Take operational ownership of the equipment and processes.
- Take initiative to identify shop aids and tooling in order to solve problems, reduce cost and improve productivity.
- Work in an international team-based environment and collaborate with engineering and management teams.
- Coordinate a team and plan workload.
- Identify, contact and manage local and international materials and manufacturing suppliers.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing, process planning, or technician role.
- 3+ years of electro-mechanical, vehicle integration, and/or mechanical assembly experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in hand tools and power tools to work on metal pieces (shim, trim, drill, ream, countersink, deburr, install fasteners and bushings, etc.).
- Proficiency in shop math (metrology), tooling technology and measurement of parts.
- Be fluent in French and have good writing and speaking skills in English and/or Spanish.
- Experience working with CNC machines.
- Able to adapt to constantly changing work assignments and fast paced work environments.
- Experience taking products from design to production.
- History of starting up new work centers and documenting info to establish solid processes.
- Experience with hands on fabricating electrical harness or prototype development.
- Clear and effective communication (written and verbal) with all levels of the organization and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge and experience completing welds that pass visual inspection before being X-rayed or dye penned.
- Experience with plasma cutter, oxy acetylene, grinders, and die-grinder.
- Experience with Solidworks, CATIA or similar CAD software.
- Demonstrated professional track record of creative problem solving, cost reductions, and process improvement.
- Experience setting up and running tests and experiments.
Apply for this job
If you think you have what it takes, please apply and help us take urban mobility to the next level.