Robotics Software Architect
Toulouse area, France or Salta, Argentina
STRADOT is an international company developing advanced robotics to reduce the footprint of urban transportation. We are looking for a Software Architect with experience in robotics applications to be based in the area of Toulouse (France) or in Salta (Argentina).
The successful candidate will join a team responsible for defining and implementing secure, scalable architectures of autonomous mobile robots and related systems.
She or he will be responsible to design, develop and test highly reliable software that allows our robots to navigate safely and efficiently to commit assigned tasks based on different urban mobility scenarios. For this purpose, this person may be required to coordinate a team of software developers and interact with STRADOT’s offices abroad.
- Lead software architecture discussions regarding our robotics systems.
- Develop reliable, testable software and associated simulators.
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints.
- Own all aspects of software development, including design, testing, and integration.
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous delivery and improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, robotics engineering, math, or science discipline, and/or
- 4+ years of relevant experience in software architecture and robotics.
- Be fluent in English and have good writing and speaking skills in French and/or Spanish.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong programming skills in C++, ROS and Python.
- Experience or familiarity with CV and machine learning, and selection of edge processing units.
- Advanced level knowledge of system administration and best practices in software security.
- Proficient knowledge of distributed systems, real-time applications and fundamentals of feedback control theory.
- Experience analysing risks and designing fault tolerant software.
- Thorough knowledge in architecture lifecycles for data, control and code dependability.
- Strong experience in communication protocols: CAN, Serial, Ethernet.
- Experience working with data filters, state estimators and understanding of vehicle dynamics.
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, unit and E2E testing.
- Creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively.
Apply for this job
If you think you have what it takes, please apply and help us take urban mobility to the next level.